9/∞ caps of Diamond no Ace
Kuroko no Basuke Solo Mini Album Vol. 2 - 5 announced! And they are released on the character’s birthday!
- Vol. 2 Kise - 18 June 2014
- Vol. 3 Midorima - 7 July 2014
- Vol. 4 Kagami - 2 August 2014
- Vol. 5 Aomine - 31 August 2014
I couldn’t remember what I was drawing at 3AM so I looked and this is what I found like what was I even thinking
work by 坂本キヨシ＊春・東４ か14b
I think part of the reason why some people might hate Furuya is because they see him and automatically label him as the ‘genius asshole rival’ that is a trope that exists in some manga.
But I wish they would realise that Furuya doesn’t fit that stereotype at all. Yes he’s quiet and somewhat aloof and looks cool, but he’s not assholeish at all?
The first time he was introduced, you could immediately tell he was the main character’s rival, but Furuya actually offered to practise with Eijun, and didn’t mock him. (Which already breaks the stereotype of the scenarios most ‘genius asshole rivals’ would be introduced in.) Furuya actually gave a backhanded compliment to Eijun.
Other differences that I could think of at the top of my head are:
- He was shown to have clear strengths and weaknesses from the start.
- He is not academically-inclined. (Lol. Baseball idiots, both of them.)
- He makes funny faces, and is involved in some gags.
- He is quiet, but still respectful to everyone, especially his seniors. He was actually happy to run errands for the seniors and massage Isashiki’s legs!
- He started off being alone, but that was because he wasn’t used to having supportive teammates, and not because he thought of others as beneath him. He acknowledges pretty quickly the concept of playing for the team instead of for himself, though it will still take him some time to fully understand it. (Yay character development!)
"He makes funny faces, and is involved in some gags"…
- Is exactly what makes me love this dork so much!!
Furuya is one awkward baby who’s still learning how to “socialize”, and that’s what makes him so adorable